It is pouring rain which makes no sense considering it was hot yesterday... Binks is not a happy camper. However, the rain seems to oddly fit with the mood of the day...
Craig got the mail about an hour ago and came across a letter for a Ms. Elena Salas. I opened it, knowing that no one around here goes by that name and came across a valentine's day card. Much to my surprise, there was a typed letter inside the card that said:
Dear Elena/Cheryl,
I know that you are both mad and disappointed in me. I am deeply
sorry for any harm our relationship has been. I have reasons for my
actions. I want to tell you all that you want to know. My version of
the family issues that have been going on if you want to know them.
Just let me know if you are ok and if you have moved locations. I
would never intrude in on you without your consent. If you could just
respond to me, I will be happy just for that. I want you to know that
you can always contact me. I love you much as your aunt. Believe it
or not.
I will leave it up to you now.
Your loving Tia
Lucea and Sons
my cell phone # 810.887.8689
Should I call this poor woman and tell her that her family never received her letter? In a way it seems too funny (almost like it's a prank) but it's also tragically sad. I know what it is like to have family issues. God knows what happened with this family but I know that if my Aunt or Mom had sent a letter like this one (maybe a little better written) things would be a lot different than they are today...
Now that I am my own person, I am able to have my cousins back in my life. But is the cost too much to handle? Hurting my mom the way that I did was tragic and harmful. But, at the same time, I cannot imagine walking away from Audrey and Claire. They were, and to this day, still are my everything. They are the sisters I never had. The family that I wish was there to open presents with on Christmas morning and to celebrate Easter with. How can you throw family away? How can you pretend they are not there for eight years? I cannot imagine not having my brother in my life. He is my best friend. Walking away from a history of love and companionship, no matter what the reason, makes no sense. No real communication was used. And that is the issue.
I think this rain is going to my head... Or maybe the child abuse book that I had to read for class tonight. I am so thankful for the friends and family in my life and would never do anything to jeopardize my relationships with them...
Enough depressing thoughts for now... haha.
xoxo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment